HERE AT ENVISION VIRGIN RACING, WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A RACING TEAM
Envision Virgin Racing is one of leading teams in the FIA Formula E World Championship, which is the first sport to have a net zero carbon footprint since its inception. The team was founded to energise the race against climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and inspiring global change. Awesome right? We think so!
We are looking for a talented Senior Communications Manager to own the development and distribution of strategic PR communications to elevate the brand’s higher purpose. This role is for someone who wants to make a difference both on and off the track!
PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for proactively leading all aspects of communications, content distribution and media relations for Envision Virgin Racing. They understand how to tell stories, have a deep understanding of the sports media landscape and can confidently lead all aspects of internal and external communications to increase awareness and affinity for the brand. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall communications strategy, media relations and trackside press function to increase awareness and affinity for the brand and our shareholder and partners by reaching more people, more often, across Owned, Managed and Earned channels.
CAMPAIGN STRATEGY AND MEDIA INNOVATION
Responsible for developing and implementing the overall communication strategy aligned with the brands objectives to raise its profile and mission to energise the Race Against Climate Change.
• Develop and execute a communication strategy to profile Envision and key Envision personnel through the team
• Oversee the media relations and trackside press function for the team and drivers across the race season
• Devise 'breakthrough' buzzworthy storydriven PR moments and campaigns that excites the brands target audience and elevates the company's higher purpose across owned, earned and managed platforms
• Develop and execute the brands strategic media direction by building a year-round engagement plan that delivers relevant and impactful newsworthy content for key audiences encompassing:
- Proactively and reactively secure media and opinion leader coverage that capitalizes on timely moments and drives awareness with B2B and B2C audiences
- Building third party media & content distribution partnerships
- Develop, maintain and foster a strong network of International media (Sport, Environmental, Business & Lifestyle) and Social Opinion Leaders (influencers)
- Ongoing creative ideation alongside the Head of Marketing, Digital Manager and agency partners to keep the content pipeline filled all year round with engaging and inspiring stories across all formats
• Draft all press materials including post-race reports, press releases and engaging editorial formats
• Industry expert who motivates the team to stay ahead of the curve by constantly evolving our campaign execution and storytelling to ensure cut through with new media
• Acting as a trusted advisor to senior management and drivers, shaping the communication of important business messages to ensure these are clear, consistent and high-impact
• Deliver effective internal communications, driving employee understanding, motivation and engagement and creating a shared sense of purpose and identity
• Working closely with brand partners to maximise their investment and amplify partner content across owned and earned channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
5+ years’ experience in leading communications for high profile motorsport/sports brands and/or agency account management (motorsport industry experience preferred).
• Proven track record of securing mainstream media coverage across TV, digital, print and/or audio as well as endemic motorsport media outlets. Established relationships among motorsport, sport, environment, technology, lifestyle editors and writers a plus
• Experienced in delivering trackside press functions for teams and drivers within motorsport and liaising with promoter and FIA
• Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal and presentations
• Creative thinker and innovator; in touch with digital, Sports, trends, environment, youth brand landscape etc
• Is a story seeker that identifies year-round stories with true media potential
• Quick to spot an opportunity, you will have a history of producing and implementing bold ideas to exploit insights to shape communications for specific audiences
• Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends
• An agile, team player that knows how to get the work done
• Works with passion and motivates others around them